Red Velvet. Brownies. With CHEESECAKE.
Like seriously, these were so good, I didn’t even get to take pictures of them after cutting and placing them into cupcake liners. They were disappearing one by one into my mouth. And then I had to beg hubby to take them to work before I finished a whole tray of brownies.
1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup cocoa butter
pinch of salt
1 tablespoon red food colouring
1 teaspoon vinegar
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
Cream cheese layer:
250 grams cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup sugar
1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 170 C. Grease an 8 by 8-inch baking pan and set aside.
- Brownie layer: Mix together melted butter and sugar using an electric mixer. Add vanilla, cocoa powder, salt, food colouring and vinegar, mixing well after each addition.
- Whisk in the eggs, one by one, mixing well after each addition. Fold in the flour until lightly combined. Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan, and save 1/4 cup of the batter for the top.
- Cheesecake layer: Blend together the cream cheese, sugar, egg, and vanilla in a medium bowl. Pour spoonfuls of the cream cheese batter on top of the brownie batter. Dollop the remaining brownie batter over the cream cheese layer. Use a knife to create swirl patterns through both brownie and cheesecake layer.
- Bake the brownies for 30 – 40 minutes until a skewer comes out clean. Remove to a cooling rack and allow them to cool completely before cutting.