I just won my first blog award!
Can you believe I’ve had this blog up for two years already? My second blog anniversary just passed and unfortunately I was too busy with uni to celebrate with a special blog post. I wanted to have a giveaway to celebrate but wasn’t sure what my readers would be interested in as a prize.
I remember originally starting my blog because of all the requests I kept getting from friends for recipes of things I had baked. It started out as a little food journal and over time I’ve realised just how much I really enjoy writing. My blog has also been a great way of communicating with other food bloggers all over the world and that was something I never expected. I never thought my writing would reach into far corners of the world and I guess that’s just the beauty of the internet and the power of social media.
Over a month ago I was nominated for ‘The Versatile Blogger’ award by Sarah- blogger of My Food My Way Blog.
As mentioned this is my first award so thank you once again Sarah!
There are rules to every blogger award and this one is no different.
Firstly, thank the person who nominated you 🙂 Here is the link to Sarah’s awesome blog. Make sure you click on it and read about her delightful adventures with food!
Next step is to select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly and nominate them for the versatile blogger award.
And finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
Here are 15 blogs that I have grown to enjoy reading on a regular basis:
Sips and Spoonfuls – Inspiring tales about food and family along with breathtakingly beautiful photography.
My Lovely Bites – Sweet food and foodie-related travel.
My Dear Bakes – Beautiful 3D cakes.
Red Panda Bakes – Lots of sweet baking and beautiful photos.
Paint Chips & Frosting – Beautifully baked goods.
The Fugacity Coefficient – Proof that I don’t only read about food! Science blogging from the heart…
The Bubbly Baker – Delicious cookie and cupcake recipes that I want to try out.
Life in Minutes – A photography blog with photos that make me smile
Judy’s Cakes and Treats – Lots of cooking/baking recipes that make me hungry.
Bakergirl – Mouthwatering cookie recipes.
Maayeka – Traditional South Asian cooking.
Riotersbloc – Tales about food, fashion and life.
Creating Memories – Food, family and crafts.
Nothing but Knit – Knitting projects I want to try out.
Food, fashion and flirts – Lots of clothes and lots of food.
And now, 7 facts about me:
1. I love science and technology. I studied chemical engineering during my undergrad and now I’m completing my Masters in environmental and sustainability engineering.
2. One of my recent hobbies is knitting and crochet and that’s how I spend my time on trains. My progress is very slow though, as I have yet to complete making anything.
3. I don’t only write about food. I am also a blogger for Gradberry, a recruitment portal for students and graduates in the Middle East.
4. I don’t really like ice-cream. I find it too cold to enjoy and will only eat some if its a really good flavour like cookies and cream or strawberry cheesecake.
5. I am the world’s biggest chicken. I actually haven’t watched a horror movie in more than 8 years.
6. I love aquariums. Whenever we travel, I always drag my husband to the nearest aquarium to spend a day looking at fishes and marine life.
7. My favourite TV show is Friends. I’ve watched every single episode more than twice and I plan on buying the entire ten seasons just so that I can watch them over and over again.
That’s about it. And let me know in the comments below what you all think of having a blog giveaway. What do you think I should give away as a prize?