Hello everyone 🙂
I know that it’s already Saturday but in my defense…well, I started writing this post yesterday when the title matched perfectly and now I just can’t be bothered to change it. So let’s just pretend today is Friday.
So this weekend is one long awaited break for me and the family because its the one where we actually get to go out together. The past few weeks I’ve been more or less confined to going out alone or staying at home while hubby studied for a big important exam of his. But that was over on Thursday and so of course, we dragged him out as soon as he came home. We’re both going to Dubai next week so there was quite a bit of shopping to do. And then tomorrow and next week the packing begins *grumble*.
Now, I don’t really know why I’m writing a post about what I bought and you must also be thinking. “Wait, isn’t this a food blog?” Primarily yes, but here’s the thing about blogs: they require a certain amount of work to maintain. Writing food posts takes me quite a bit of time, starting from the baking/cooking, to arranging some sort of super quick photo session while the sun is still up. And then there’s the editing and writing and of course, let’s not forget the recipe!
What I’m trying to say is that sometimes it can be tiring and annoying to write only about food. Or only about crafts. Then I thought, wait, this is MY blog, so technically I make or break the rules. Not that there were any rules to break in the first place. What I’m trying to say is that I’ve been looking for more things to blog about because nothing makes my day happier than being able to write a post and publish it. Which is why I started off with my first Out and About post last week (Read about it here) and this is the start to my first Fun Fridays post. So what are Fun Fridays about? Anything and everything under the sun.
First of all: Equip has some sort of sale going on! There’s 2 for 1 specials on a range of jewellery and hair accessories. This is all what I managed to grab in under 5 minutes:
I keep looking at big chunky necklaces and now I’ve finally convince myself to get one. Too bad I couldn’t remember to get a picture of it around my neck. Next time.
Coral my World…
A few rings as well…
And now the part you’ve probably been waiting for: the L’oreal Lumi Magique foundation. I’ve recently become somewhat of a sucker for trying out new makeup. So when me and mom-in-law found this on sale, we grabbed two bottles without a second thought.
‘Liquid Light Technology’. Whatever that means.
So this is what L’oreal says:
Innovation: new Liquid Light Technology infuses skin with a ray of light, illuminating your complexion as if lit-from-within. The radiance of your skin seems recreated. Perfect coverage, without masking.
It sounds like something from a textbook to me.
So here’s what I like about it:
– The packaging of the bottle. It comes with a dispensable pump that shoots out just the right amount of foundation (not one of those retarded ones that pump out an ounce of product every time).
– It has a variety of shades that you can choose from. I bought Rose Beige for my skin tone and we also got Pure Pearl.
– Blends easily and evens out skin tone, actually looks like second skin to me!
– Believe it or not, it actually does seem to boost radiance levels. No, you won’t look like those models on the ads, but your skin does glow and look really nice.
– Relatively long lasting, when set with powder. Also doesn’t seem to oil up like most foundations on my skin do.
Here’s what I don’t like about it:
– The coverage is somewhat less than what I would call medium coverage. I found that some of my spots and bumps could be seen and I found that annoying because if I use foundation I expect it to hide imperfections. And I have relatively clear skin so definitely not suitable for hiding things like acne scars and pimples.
– The bottle is made of glass. Not good at all.
– My oily/combination skin started to look a bit sheer after a few hours. Not sure how this would look for people with really oily skin.
Bottom line: I like the radiance and glowing skin part so its a ‘yes’ from me. Perfect for light to medium coverage. If you’ve tried this product out let me know your thoughts on the comments below.
And last but not least, I bought craft supplies! I’ve been working on a few projects at the moment, trying to finish a scrapbook but got stuck because I didn’t have any craft supplies here. And I’m also trying to bind my wedding cards together. Hopefully will get that done soon! Till then, keep your eyes on this page…
So let me know what you think of Fun Fridays and if you want me to do more of these posts 🙂