2 cups all purpose flour
2/3 cup butter
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon sugar
4-6 tablespoons water
4 red apples (peeled and chopped up into small pieces)
3/4 cup sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon powder
6 tablespoons flour
2 tablespoons butter, chilled
1. To make the crust: Mix flour, salt and sugar in a bowl. Rub the butter into the mixture and then add water tablespoon by tablespoon and then blend until a soft dough is formed.
2. Knead the dough on a flat surface and then roll it out on a lightly floured surface until about 1/4 inch thick.
3. Use a glass or bowl to cut out 12 circles with diameter one inch larger than the diameter of the muffin tray. Keep aside the rest of the crust for topping.
4. Press each circle into the muffin tins until all the way up each side, to form little bowls. Mix all the filling ingredients by hand and then spoon them equally into the muffin tins. Cut up the chilled butter into 12 pieces and place one piece on each individual pie.
5. Use the extra crust to decorate the pies by using cookie cutters, or just leave them plain.
6. Bake the pies in a preheated oven at 210 C for about 20 minutes until the crust is light brown and the apples are bubbling.
7. Allow the pies to cool and use a spoon to lift them out of the pan.
|Ready for the oven|
|Delicious cinnamon powder!|