500 grams (2 1/2 cups) rice
1 teaspoon garlic paste
1 teaspoon ginger paste
2-4 tablespoon soy sauce
1 onion, finely chopped
1 cup finely chopped vegetables (cabbage/capsicum/tomato)
1/2 carrot, grated finely
3-4 green chillies
vegetable oil for cooking
1. Wash and soak rice in water for about 10-15 minutes. Cook the rice on the stove or in a rice cooker.
2. In a wok or large pan, heat about 1/4 cup of oil. Add the onions and stir fry for a minute and then add the garlic and ginger paste.
3. Beat the eggs lightly and then pour them into the pan and scramble them for a minute. Add the chopped vegetables and green chillies, continue to cook them for a few minutes. Mix together with the scrambled eggs.
4. Add the soy sauce, salt and pepper according to your taste. Add the cooked rice to the pot and use two spoons to stir and toss the rice with the seasoned vegetables.
5. Cover the pot and simmer on low heat for 2-3 minutes. Serve hot.