250 grams boneless chicken (can also use fish, beef or prawns), chopped into small pieces
1 egg white
1 tomato, chopped into large pieces
1 capsicum, chopped into squares
1 large onion, chopped into large pieces
1 carrot, cut into thin round slices
4-5 green chillies, chopped
3-4 sliced scallions (optional)
1 cup canned pineapple chunks, drained free of syrup
1/2 cup tomato ketchup
1/2 cup chilli sauce
1 tablespoon garlic paste
1 tablespoon ginger paste
2 tablespoons corn flour
2 tablespoons spy sauce
1/2 tablespoon red chilli powder
1/2 teaspoon sugar
salt, pepper to taste
1. Combine the seasoning mix, 1 tablespoon oil, and egg white with the chopped chicken. Set this aside for 15 minutes.
2. Mix the tomato ketchup and chilli sauce with 1 cup of water. Blend and set aside.
3. Heat oil in a wok. Stir fry the marinated meat and onion on high heat for about 1 minute. Add the vegetables and continue to stir fry for 5 more minutes.
4. Add the dissolved sauces and cook on low heat, simmering until the sauce starts to thicken. Stir continuously.
5. Add pineapple chunks to the wok and bring to a boil on high heat, stirring frequently for 5 minutes. Serve hot, with steamed white rice.
|The red color looks great, doesn’t it?|
|My trusty egg seperator- never realised how useful it was until I got one!|