1 large onion, finely chopped
2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
1 chicken stock cube
2 cans of tuna
3 green chillies
1 tbsp oyster sauce
300 g pasta, boiled with 1 tsp of salt
White Sauce Ingredients:
2 tbsp butter
1 tbsp flour
1 cup milk
salt and pepper
cheese (cheddar or mozzarella)
To make the pasta sauce:
1. Chop up the onion and dice the garlic cloves finely. Cut tomatoes, capsicum and chillies into small pieces or put them in a blender and puree till almost smooth, adding some water as necessary to make the puree. If you choose to add only chopped vegetables, you may need add water to the pan (about half to one cup) to get the texture of the sauce.
2. Pour some oil into a pan and stir fry onion and garlic for a few minutes on high heat. Add the chicken stock and cook for another minute. Add the chunks of tuna into the pan and stir fry for about 5 minutes. Add the oyster sauce and continue stir frying.
3. When the contents of the pan are almost drying out, add the remaining chopped vegetables or the pureed vegetables. Cook everything for a few minutes on high heat, until the contents start to boil. After that turn down the heat, and allow to simmer for 10-15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, add more chillies if needed.
1. Melt the butter in a stainless steel pan and add the flour. Stir continuously with a spoon or metal whisk to prevent the flour from burning.
2. Add the milk and turn up the heat, making sure to keep stirring to prevent burnt milk from sticking to the bottom of the pan. When the milk starts to boil, lower the heat and simmer until the sauce thickens. Add salt and pepper to taste, and some cheese if you want.
Serve as you please. I prefer mixing the cooked pasta with the pasta sauce in the pan and when its ready to serve, just pour white sauce on top and sprinkle with extra pepper. You can also serve pasta, and both sauces in separate dishes so that people can mix and match whichever they prefer. Try it out and have fun!